If you have ever dreamed of pursuing an exciting job as a professional model; if you've found yourself wondering how you can one day become a model strutting down the runways of New York, Paris or Milan; if you are willing to put in the time, effort and dedication required to make your dream of becoming a model a reality — now’s the time to stop dreaming and do it!
That’s what comes to mind for most people when you mention the term modeling. It’s also what comes up when you type "modeling" into a Google search. But that's not exactly the type of modeling I'm talking about here.
Modeling is an important concept if you’re starting a business. Any business. Why? Because starting a business is difficult to do. Doesn't it make sense to look at others who are doing what you want to do and simply use their blueprint? A role model of sorts.
Here’s the good news: The role models you need to meet or get to know are probably right under your nose. All you have to do is find someone who does what you’re looking to do, who thinks how you’re trying to think, who has succeeded the way you want to succeed
And that’s where networking comes in — where you need to go, what you need to say and with whom. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Who do you know in your firm (or with other firms, if you’re an independent broker) who is a master at products specific to life insurance? annuities? long-term care? property and casualty? financial planning?
- Who do you know in your firm who is a master at networking and making great business connections?
- Who do you know in your firm who shares or has experience with your target market?
- Who do you know in your firm who is a master at setting sales appointments by phone?
- Who do you know in your firm who is a master at delivering a presentation at a sales appointment?
- Who do you know in your firm who has the highest closing ratio at sales appointments?
- Who do you know in your firm who delivers a powerful seminar in your area of expertise?
- Who do you know in your firm who serves their clients at a high level?