Insurance disputes among insureds, agents and brokers, insurance carriers, MGAs and wholesalers continues to increase. The following is just a sample of insurance litigation
- Insured vs. surplus lines carrier: agency duty and standard of reasonable care during procurement process, claims made policy language interpretation, underwriting process.
- Insured vs. retail insurance broker: duties of a producer to procure and advise as respects insurance coverages.
- Insured vs. insurance carrier: proper claims handling procedures, duty of good faith, mobile homeowners coverage.
- Insurance carrier vs. retail insurance agency: agents E&D, improper agency actions.
- Insured vs. insurance carrier: rental car accident insurance coverages; late reporting by insured; reasonable denial by insurance company, bad faith.
- Insured vs. admitted insurance carrier: general liability care custody and control exclusions, bad faith, claims handling and evaluation of claims.
- Insured vs. admitted insurance company: workers compensation coverage interpretation, audits and classification of employers.