7 ways to attract the perfect life insurance prospects every monthArticle added by Lew Nason on April 18, 2013
Joined: October 13, 2006
Ranked: #2 (20,547 pts)
Attracting 50 people to you each and every month doesn’t have to be hard or frustrating, if you focus on getting your unique message out to the right people — the people with whom you have the best chance of setting an appointment and have the best chance of closing a sale.
The most common question we get from agents, advisors and planners is: How do I consistently attract enough good prospects for our firm?
Almost every agent, advisor and planner we talk to is unhappy with the amount of qualified life insurance prospects they see in a month. And it’s no wonder they are struggling with prospecting, when you look at how they prospect. Most of them are looking for anyone and everyone who fogs a mirror. They want to believe that the more products and services they offer, the more people they will
attract. They have never considered with whom they have the best chance of setting an appointment or closing a sale.
The agents, advisors and planners that are succeeding are marketing to a specific, targeted group of people. Their marketing message is focused on solving a unique problem for that target market. That way, they are attracting their perfect prospects — the people they have their best chance of setting an appointment with and closing a sale.
To succeed in life insurance sales, you must have a specialized message to attract the people in your target market. You can't just say,"We are a local insurance agency, offering a full line of insurance products." So what?
If you tell me that you offer the same life insurance products for the same low price they can find elsewhere, that is not a good answer. If you make vague promises about great customer service, that won't cut it either.
As an example, one of the quickest and best ways to attract the perfect prospects to you is to offer mortgage insurance and use it as a door opener. Your specialized message might be:
“I show people how to protect their family and pay off their mortgage five to 15 years early without their having to spend any additional money or change their current life style.”
Once you have determined your marketing message and who your ideal prospect is, then it’s easy to attract a consistent stream of the perfect prospects.
1. Send out a monthly newsletter to your family, friends, customers, prospects and everyone you know to let them know about your specialty. And let them know about your upcoming free workshop (not about products or investments).
2. Ask all your family, friends, customers, prospects and everyone you know for their help. Once they know what
you do and how you help people, ask them who you should be sending your newsletter to and inviting to your upcoming free educational workshop.
3. Offer a free educational workshop on paying off your mortgage 5 to 15 Years early. You are now solving a unique problem for a specific group of people, and you can do it for under $100.
4. Form a joint venture with local businesses that caters to your ideal prospect, such as mortgage brokers, P&C agencies, real estate attorneys and real estate agents. Get them to introduce you to their best customers. Then invite their best customers to your free educational workshop, or offer a free consultation.
5. Write articles for your local newspapers, church bulletins, local associations and any organization that caters to your specialized market. Help everyone in your local area to get to know you and the services you offer.
6. Offer a free information report (free booklet) in all your ads, invitations, newsletters and correspondence. The people who ask for your free information are telling you that they have an interest and they want to know more.
7. Join or create a networking group and make sure the group has successful people who are really interested in growing their business. Exchange leads and explain what you do to really help people.
Note: Dinner seminars, direct mail programs, pre-set appointments, internet leads, newspaper ads and fax-blasting are
extremely expensive and should only be used as a last resort. There are several major problems with these types of leads. These people have never heard of you. You have no credibility with them. You have no control over who you are seeing. You have no idea if the people who respond really have a need, or if they have a problem that you can solve for them.
Attracting 50 people to you each and every month doesn’t have to be hard or frustrating, if you focus on getting your unique
message out to the right people — the people with whom you have the best chance of setting an appointment and have the best chance of closing a sale.
Are you ready to take the first step to discovering the proven life insurance marketing methods and strategies needed
to recession-proof your business and take your profits to superior levels?
The views expressed here are those of the author and not necessarily those of ProducersWEB.
Reprinting or reposting this article without prior consent of Producersweb.com is strictly prohibited.
If you have questions, please visit our terms and conditions