The vast majority of marketing experts will agree that no one approach holds the key to success for most businesses. When limiting yourself to just one strategy, you run a significantly higher risk of failure.
The vast majority of marketing experts will agree that no one approach holds the key to success for most businesses. Traditional, Web, article and now mobile marketing
are strategies that should be merged together to form an integrated whole.
When limiting yourself to just one strategy, you run a significantly higher risk of failure. For example, if you are primarily using an Internet strategy and you lose access to the Internet or get banned for whatever reason, you are basically out of business. On the other hand, to merely rely on something like classified ads is also limiting your growth potential.
We believe a multi-pronged approach is wise. It can include some of the following:
- Website development, preferably a content management system allowing you to easily change the site or delegate a non-Web programmer (that is, a non-technical person) to make simple changes for you.
- Your website should have a sequential autoresponder so that you can send a series of times, pertinent messages and increase credibility. Additionally, a good autoresponder will allow you to send separate email blasts.
- All of your promotional materials should carry consistent branding. Too often, firms have different looks that actually hurt sales.
- Letters and/or postcards also should be used so that you're not relying on just one form of media. So many people get so much junk email they barely look at the headline. Conversely, people also get a lot of regular junk mail. Try to make your letter look different and stand out. This is part of the branding process.
- Use national and local search engine optimization strategies, and concentrate on local if you have a local or regional business and people will visit a physical store.
- Assuming a you are a local establishment, also make sure you have a mobile phone marketing campaign for your clients or customers. It's great to offer a 15 percent discount if your restaurant is running slow on a particular night or if you've gotten excess inventory or want to quickly increase your cash flow. Make sure you place a time limit on the offer to create a sense of urgency or limit.
- Local radio or print is an excellent supplement.
The name of the game is to let people know that you exist using a variety of media
This article only touches on the things that you can and should be doing to ensure your success. Additional tips will be provided in future articles.