Top 10 Reasons To Pre-Arrange Your End-of-Life Plans TODAY
By Christopher P. Hill, RFC
Wealth and Income Group LLC and FuneralResources.com
Top 10 Reasons to Pre-Plan Your Funeral Arrangements Today
1. Upon your passing, most people don't have any idea how to get started, what they should know, or who they can turn to. Pre-planning your funeral or burial arrangements can significantly minimize the stress and pressure that can accompany such a difficult time of grief and loss.
2. This advanced planning offers you the opportunity to decide and control just about every detail of your memorial service and how you will be remembered.
3. By documenting your last wishes, you can ensure that you and your remains are handled, cared for, and placed somewhere that fits you and your preference.
4. By creating a plan for your final affairs, this can also minimize or eliminate any uncertainties or disputes among your family members. For example, one of the small details that can actually cause serious family disagreements are special family heirlooms.
5. Pre-planning takes the guesswork out of the common questions of “what do we do next” or “what would you have wanted”? A properly structured preplan ensures that your loved ones know exactly what to do, as well as instructions on how to most efficiently implement your bequests.
6. After suffering the loss of a loved one, some of the biggest challenges your family will face are thing like time constraints, little or no experience with these matters, and limited access to the best possible help and guidance. Therefore, one of the biggest advantages of creating a sound end-of-life plan is that, if it is properly structured, it can reduce (or even eliminate) the large majority of these difficulties.
7. Through pre-planning your funeral, as well as paying for your funeral and/or burial expenses in advance, this creates a much better overall experience and memorial service for you, your family, and even your Funeral Director.
8. Since pre-planning reduces or avoids a great deal of the obstacles involved in planning a funeral, this extra time allows your family to work through other important matters such as dealing with the grief and loss, planning your memorial service, notifying your loved ones, creating your obituary, writing a eulogy, etc. The more free time your family has, the much more likely it is they can create a truly special celebration of your life and memories.
9. After completing your pre-planning preferences for your family, this actually ends up enhancing your future too. By having these details planned out in advance, you can now enjoy the “peace of mind” to live every day knowing that you have taken the time to leave behind one of the greatest gifts of love.
10. By selflessly taking the time to create a comprehensive end-of-life plan, you will always be remembered in a special way. Your family and loved ones will never forget the fact that you sacrificed your time and resources to take care of these all-important details. In reality, what you’ve done is created an everlasting memory that shows just how much you truly love the ones you care most about.