Compromise but don’t compromise your standards
By Steve Kloyda, The Prospecting Expert
It can be tough to know how to tell them apart. In business, as in life, you must make concessions for the sake of progress. And sometimes these concessions hurt.
But there is a difference between a choice that is tough, perhaps painful and one that treads on your core values. How can you know the difference.
Carol Roth suggests you ask these questions:
- Are you making the decision personally or emotionally?
- If you remove yourself and your emotions from the equation, does making the compromise make sense?
- Does making the compromise get you closer to the intended outcome?
- How will you feel about the end product after you make the compromise?
- Is the product important enough to pick the battle, or is there another more important battle to pick?