Insurance litigation among insureds continues to rise
By Andrew Barile
Andrew Barile Consulting Corporation
Insurance disputes among insureds, agents and brokers, insurance carriers, MGAs and wholesalers continues to increase. The following is just a sample of insurance litigation cases:
- Insured vs. surplus lines carrier: agency duty and standard of reasonable care during procurement process, claims made policy language interpretation, underwriting process.
- Insured vs. retail insurance broker: duties of a producer to procure and advise as respects insurance coverages.
- Insured vs. insurance carrier: proper claims handling procedures, duty of good faith, mobile homeowners coverage.
- Insurance carrier vs. retail insurance agency: agents E&D, improper agency actions.
- Insured vs. insurance carrier: rental car accident insurance coverages; late reporting by insured; reasonable denial by insurance company, bad faith.
- Insured vs. admitted insurance carrier: general liability care custody and control exclusions, bad faith, claims handling and evaluation of claims.
- Insured vs. admitted insurance company: workers compensation coverage interpretation, audits and classification of employers.