Summit Business Media products take home the gold in 2012 Azbee Awards
By Emily Hutto
CENTENNIAL, Colo., Aug. 24, 2012 — Four products in Summit Business Media's Life Health Group have been named winners in seven separate categories for the 2012 Azbee awards, two of which were Gold awards in National categories. In addition, the Life Health Group received two Silver and three Bronze Azbee awards in both regional and national divisions. Awards received include:
National Underwriter Life & Health
- Gold National Azbee: Best Feature Article for its November 7, 2011 "A Tragic Tale" profiling Bill Mantlo, a legendary comic book writer that was thrown under the wheels of the health care system.
- Silver Azbee in the Northeast Region: Best Feature Article for "Shining a Light on a Shadow Industry: Captive Reinsurers" in the November 21, 2011 issue.
- Bronze National Azbee: Best Individual Profile also for "A Tragic Tale".
- Gold National Azbee: Best Front Cover-Photo for the July 2011 issue "The Silent Generation"
- Silver National Azbee: Best Web/Microsite
- Bronze National Azbee: Best Use of Social Media
- Bronze Azbee in the West Region: Best Front Cover-Photo for the June 2011 issue "Life Insurance of the Rich & Famous".
The Azbee is a highly coveted award in the Annual Awards Competition of the American Society of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE). Judging is done largely by peers in B-to-B publishing. The regional and national awards were announced at the regional ceremonies in July and August during the ASBPE Regional Banquets.
About the Life Health Group Summit Business Media's Life Health Group is a powerful suite of integrated B2B media products, including the three industry-leading magazines (National Underwriter Life & Health, Life Insurance Selling, and Senior Market Advisor) and two innovative websites, LifeHealthPro.com and ProducersWEB.com, that reach all segments of the life and health insurance producer market.
About Summit Business Media
Summit Business Media is the leading B2B media and information company serving the insurance, financial, legal and investment advisory markets. Summit strives to be "The Next Generation of Business Information" for executives and practitioners by providing breaking news and analysis, in-depth practice management strategies, business-building techniques and actionable data. Summit services the information needs of its customers through numerous channels, including digital, print, and live events. Summit publishes 16 magazines and 150 reference titles, operates 20 websites and hosts a dozen conferences, including the world's largest mining investment conference held each year in South Africa. Summit's Marketing Data division provides detailed information on millions of benefits plans, agents and advisors in the U.S.
Summit employs 350 employees in ten offices across the United States. For more information, please visit sbmedia.com.