10 more unique underwriting niches you might never hear about
By Jeff Reed
Kestler Financial Group
In a previous blog, I shared with you the top 10 most overlooked underwriting niches our team found in 2013. Just one month into 2014, our underwriting team has already found 10 more niches that we want to make you aware of for the rest of the year.
The following are the top 10 unique underwriting niches that were found in the first quarter of 2014.
1. Your clients can qualify for preferred best rates even if they scuba dive as deep as 100 feet.
2. Non-smoker rates are available for clients who smoke e-cigarettes.
3.You can get super preferred underwriting class for private aviators.
4. Your clients can smoke one cigar per week and still qualify for best class non-tobacco rates.
5. Some carriers still have a true table-C to standard table reduction program on permanent plans of insurance.
6. There are multiple non-medical exclusion riders available to clients who participate in certain rateable avocations, including aviation, scuba diving, mountain climbing, parachuting and hang gliding.
7. You can get a preferred offer for clients with a history of certain cancers, including melanoma, thyroid, testicular, cervical or colon.
8. A select few carriers have a crediting program applicable to term products.
9. One carrier utilizes both a table reduction program and a health styles program.
10. Some carriers offer better than standard rates with up to three moving violations in the past three years.
Carriers' underwriting policies change all the time. Make sure you stay up-to-date on all the niches mentioned.