By Allison Bell, Elizabeth Festa
The White House invited at least 14 insurer and insurance group executives to a HealthCare.gov meeting today.
The White House said top administration officials, including Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and Marilyn Tavenner, director of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, were at the meeting.
The officials talked about how the administration is working with “alpha teams” of insurance companies’ technology experts to iron out kinks in how the exchange systems get the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act exchange plan “834 benefits enrollment transaction” information to the carriers.
AHIP spokesman Robert Zirkelbach said in a statement that the insurance executives talked about how they see exchange enrollment proceeding and what companies are doing to help consumers enroll.
Zirkelbach called the meeting “positive and productive.”
“Our industry is committed to working with the administration to help ensure individuals and families are able to get the health care coverage they need,” Zirkelbach said.
The White House released the following meeting guest list:
- Aetna: Mark Bertolini.
- America's Health Insurance Plans: Karen Ignagni.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Association: Scott Serota.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida: Patrick Geraghty.
- CareFirst: Chet Burrell.
- Centene Corp.: Michael Neidorff.
- Health Net: Jay Gellert.
- Humana: Bruce Broussard.
- Health Care Services Corp.: Patricia Hemingway Hall.
- Independence Blue Cross: Daniel Hilferty.
- Kaiser Permanente: Bernard Tyson.
- Molina Healthcare: John Molina.
- Tufts Health Plan: James Roosevelt.
- Wellpoint: Joseph Swedish.
See also: Strategist wants HealthCare.gov reboot
Originally published on BenefitsPro.com